As people continually seek updates regarding COVID-19, hackers and scammers are thriving. As the virus circulates the globe, so do an abundance of emails and websites promising the most up-to-date information. However, many of these emails, websites, and apps are pushing malware, ransomware, and misleading information. This, in turn, allows them to steal your personal information and/or spy on your private conversations.
So How Do I Stay Safe?
- Don’t click on email links from unknown senders
- Don’t click on text-message links from unknown senders
- Only download apps directly from the “App Store”
- Never provide personal information to any “news” website or app
- Cover your webcam when not in use
- Backup your computer and mobile device(s)
Check out the below articles for more information.
NASA sees an “exponential” jump in malware attacks as personnel work from home
The Internet is drowning in COVID-19-related malware and phishing scams