As people continually seek updates regarding COVID-19, hackers and scammers are thriving. As the virus circulates the globe, so do an abundance of emails and websites promising the most up-to-date information. However, many of these emails, websites, and apps are pushing malware, ransomware, and misleading information. This, in turn, allows them to steal your personal information and/or spy on your private conversations.
So How Do I Stay Safe?
- Don’t click on email links from unknown senders
- Don’t click on text-message links from unknown senders
- Only download apps directly from the “App Store”
- Never provide personal information to any “news” website or app
- Cover your webcam when not in use
- Backup your computer and mobile device(s)
Check out the below articles for more information.