Launch your career in Tucson Business IT
Careers at Nextrio
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll be able to indulge in at Nextrio. Plus, we’re always adding and improving. It’s a key part of how we grow our great team of top notch experts. Nextrio…
…is team-oriented — our work environment is highly collaborative.
…provides training and certifications — we want you to thrive and grow professionally.
…enjoys our down time — we want you to kick back and re-energize in our on-site lounge.
…mixes it up each work day — you will never get bored doing the same thing over and over again.
…connects with diverse customers — different industries, different technologies – not to be redundant, but you will NEVER be bored.
We really are about relationships
From the beginning, our founders set out to build a company that recognizes the value of technology and people. Nextrio is the best of left- and right-brain living.
One minute you’ll find yourself elbow-deep in cutting edge server equipment, and the next you might be embroiled in a heated discussion about Game of Thrones. Love a challenge? Come and work with us.
We have an outstanding reputation for great work and take pride in seeing our local business clients grow and succeed. We’re looking for smart teammates who can thrive in a work-hard/play-hard environment.
Think you have to be in Silicon Valley to do cutting edge IT work? Get to know us at Nextrio, where you’ll find that you can have true work-life balance in IT.
If this sounds pretty good to you, then check out these jobs:
*This position is that unique opportunity you’ve been waiting for: a chance to grow and join a company with an outstanding reputation for client, employee and community engagement.
Since 2002, Nextrio has delivered proven managed technology solutions and superior IT consulting services. Our client base ranges from small/mid-sized businesses to large enterprises throughout Southern Arizona. Picture yourself at Nextrio being a technology leader and innovative thinker. Enjoy a work environment where you are both supported and challenged by interesting people and interesting work.
We are currently seeking a full-time Network Support Consultant for our Tucson office.
Is this you?
- Great with computers and polished with people?
- Enjoy working with a team?
- Ready to take your technical skills to the next level?
- Excited to use the spiffiest gadgets, gizmos and practices available today?
- Have a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit and inner drive?
You’re passionate about working in and around technology and you’re looking for that fun, supportive environment where you can grow and succeed. You’re professional, curious and generous with your knowledge, because you truly care about your world class clients and your team members. And you thrive on the genuine appreciation and frequent recognition you receive for doing a great job!
Are you ready?
You’re engaging in a high touch, client facing position, playing a leadership role to plan, specify, deploy, support and maintain the IT infrastructure, systems and applications that run our clients’ businesses (Line of business apps, cloud resources, LANs, WANs, data centers, desktops and mobile devices). You will serve the best in class healthcare, finance, law firms, high-tech manufacturing/engineering operations, and non-profits who rely on technology to get business done.
You report to: Nextrio Senior Engineering Manager.
You work closely with: Client executives/staff, Nextrio network architects/senior engineers, and technical account managers.
Your new office:
You’ll be working in an open, collaborative workspace (with screaming-fast Internet) in mid-town Tucson, minutes away from great restaurants and local coffee shops. And your client work may take you onsite to many different types of businesses throughout Southern Arizona – from medical offices in northwest Oro Valley to produce importers in Nogales and everywhere in between. No two days are the same – so the views are always changing!
Support & Technical Advice
- Onsite and/or remote support for business-grade networks with a variety of computers, servers, peripherals and software
- Serve as a skilled resource in troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills with a resolution-centric approach
- Prepare customer, operations, and systems documentation according to pre-established standards
- Follow-through on promises, take initiative and adapt to work both independently and on a team
- Participate in IT projects, including implementing network equipment, servers, workstations and applications
- Support and engage in our positive company culture
Training & Certification
- Joint investment by you and the company in your personal and professional growth
- Meeting with leading industry manufacturers and vendors for product demos, tech trainings
- Paid prep materials and study time for company-sponsored certification tests
Leadership & Communications
- Collaborate with service team members through tech & customer support challenges
- Communicate with customer relationships as a personal, service oriented trusted advisor
- Manage vendor relationships for our customers
What you bring to our team:
- 2+ years of experience in a technology user support role
- 2-year degree in CIS or MIS and 1+ year work experience in information technology, or equivalent work experience
- Strongly encouraged: 2+ years of experience as a desktop administrator (Windows, Mac) in a 10+ user environment
- Certification in Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ or similar industry training program
- Strongly preferred: 1+ year experience with medical, dental, veterinary practice technology; familiarity with HIPAA and PCI compliance requirements
Nextrio is proud to be a collaborative and supportive IT environment where great people do important and meaningful work for appreciative clients. Our workplace culture focuses on personal and professional growth and we demonstrate daily our commitment to Nextrio’s core values:
- Investment in our employees
- Passion for business and technology
- Pursuit of success and accountability
- Life balance and community investment
- Trust, respect and straight talk
- Creativity and inspiration
- Full-time position, 8-5 core hours, flex time around those core hours; some overtime and weekend work will be required. We rotate on-call duties and value work-life balance.
- Must have valid AZ driver’s license & reliable vehicle, 60% at Nextrio; 40% around Southern AZ at client locations (mileage will be reimbursed).
- Able to lift, carry and move 40 pounds of computer equipment.
- Complete benefits package, 401K retirement plan, paid time off and competitive hourly wage position.